This house has a very interesting history. The most impressive house in front of the city wall belonged to th Lords of Lentersheim, who used it as a city home, from 1532 till 1667.
This branch of the family lived in the castle Neuenmuhr. Later the king of Porussia, Friedrich Wilhelm III, handed Old an New Muhr over to the minister of Hardenberg, Carl August. In 1667, a Jewish resident of Gunzenhausen, Max Judt, bought the house. After Judt, the house went back into "Christian" hands, but Jewish families frequently lived in the house.
Today the house belongs to Frau Gisela Behringer. There is a shoe store on the ground level.