The Family of Salomon Sommer
Salomon (Sally) Sommer, a livestock dealer and merchant, was born in Heidenheim on 31.10.1880, son of the merchant Abraham Sommer and his wife Helene Lippmann. He married Frieda Lehmann, the daughter of Lazarus Lehmann and Johanna Block. She too had been born in Heidenheim, on 11.05.1888. They lived in Heidenheim and had two children.
- Josef * 28.04.1910
- Alfred *18.02.1915
In 1918 the family moved to Gunzenhausen, to the widow of his brother Philipp Sommer, living at Gartenstrasse 8. Frieda died there on 23.05.1919. Salomon then married Meta Block, born on 28.02.1896 in Schopfloch. There were two children from this marriage too :
- Friedel Liese *14.06.1921
- Erich Philipp *22.07.1923
Both children were born in Gunzenhausen. In 1926 the family bought the house at Hensoltstrasse 15.
In the summer of 1933 Sally Sommer was in the Taunus Sanatorium in Homburg v.d. Höhe. There he received the news that the protective custody that had been foreseen for him would not be imposed. They lived there for just 7 years and were considered in the town to be a well-to-do family with servants. On 23.03.1933 the Sommer family and the children of the second marriage registered their departure to Göppingen. In 1935 the family sold the house in the Hensoltstrasse to Mr/s Bauer and emigrated to New York.
- 100 Sommer, Salomon, born on 31. October 1880 in Heidenheim . Gunzenhausen (Bavaria)
- 101 Sommer, Meta, née Blod, born on 28. February 1896 in Schopfloch (Bavaria)
- 102 Sommer, Josef, born on 28. April 1910 in Heidenheim (Bavaria)
- 103 Sommer, Alfred, born on 18. February 1915 inHeidenheim (Bavaria)
- 104 Sommer, Friedel Liese, born on 14. June 1921 in Gunzenhausen
- 105 Sommer, Erich Philipp, born on 22. July 1923 in Gunzenhausen
Validation of the expatriation of the Sommer Family on 02.07.1940. The list originates from the Reichs Tax Gazette number 57 of 09.07.1940 S. 638. We received this information from Kerstin and Frank Wolf, by email, in February 2003
Today the house belongs to Heinz Georg Vestner, who for many years ran a large bakery in Nachbaranwesen. He bought the house from the widow of Otto Bauer in 1981.