Jacob Schoen Family
Jakob (Jacob) Schoen, born 1802 in Gunzenhausen, was the son of the cattle trader and middleman Löw Simon Schoen and his wife Babetta, nee Sichel. He was known in Gunzenhausen as a cattle trader and leather worker and was married to Babetta Buff.
The Schoen family lived at Marktplatz 43 from 1834 to 1857.
Jakob and Babetta Schoen had two children . Jetta and Bernhard
Jetta, *02.05.1839 in Gunzenhausen. She married Heymann Eisen and had five children
- Friederika, *20.03.1875 in Gunzenhausen, + 08.03.1884 in Gunzenhausen
- Babetta, *17.09.1876 in Gunzenhausen, + 14.02.1877 in Gunzenhausen
- Bertha, *10.01.1878 in Gunzenhausen, declared dead 1955. She married Josef Gross, merchant from Nürnberg (Auergasse 1) on 20.04.1924.
- Jacob, *02.07.1879 in Gunzenhausen (Burgstallstrasse 4)
- Lazarus, *29.09.1882 in Gunzenhausen, +1971 in New York Brooklyn. He emigrated to America in 1936/1937 and was married to Sarah Rindsberg.
- Bernhard, *04.12.1842 in Gunzenhausen. (according to the local records, his birthdate was 08.12.1842). He lived with his sister at Auergasse 1.
His papers allowed him to live in Gunzenhausen but without civil rights. He died there on 28.10.1916.