The family of Lehmeier EliasTranslated by Lesley Loy
Elias Lehmeier, born on 22.09.1844 in Heidenheim, was a livestock dealer in Gunzenhausen. He married Klara Oberndörfer, born in Hainsfarth on 21.03.1850. The family lived at Gartenstrasse 8 and then in Gerberstrasse 3 around 1913.
• Louis Lehmeier *09.07.1872
• Max Lehmeier *09.02.1874
• Moritz Lehmeier *27.02.1880
• Adolf Lehmeier *03.08.1881
• Justin Lehmeier *29.10.1884
Louis Lehmeier, *09.07.1872 in Heidenheim, was a livestock dealer and lived in Gunzenhausen at Osianderstrasse 19, Bahnhofstrasse 11, Gartenstrasse 6 and finally at Mariusstrasse 13.
He and his wife Alwine, née Oppenheimer from Ernsbach, had three daughters.
• Selma *14.09.1900 +24.07.1932 in Gunzenhausen
• Gerda *29.04.1903 +11.08.1923 in Gunzenhausen
• Siddi *07.07.1905 in Gunzenhausen. She was married to Justin Hecht from Maroldsweisach.
Moritz Lehmeier, *27.02.1880 in Heidenheim, was a tradesman in Munich. He died in a clinic in Ansbach on 22.06.1913.
Adolf Lehmeier, *03.08.1881 in Heidenheim, was a livestock dealer and lived at Gerberstrasse 10 in Gunzenhausen. Adolf Lehmeier was the secretary for Gunzenhausen and the region of the Association of former members of the 13th royal infantry regiment. The association had been founded on 08.04.1906. He was awarded the Silver Medal of Bravery in November 1914 and the Iron Cross 2nd class in November 1917.
• Klara *27.10.1920 in Gunzenhausen
• Erna *25.12.1924 in Gunzenhausen
He emigrated with his family to Montevideo (Uruquay) on 11.12.1933.
Justin Lehmeier, *29.10.1884 in Heidenheim. Nothing is known of him.
Source : Personal documentation of the Jewish inhabitants of Gunzenhausen compiled by the municipal archivist Werner Mühlhäußer.
Here you can download the Lehmeier family tree here in pdf format.