The Jewish elementary school
The Gunzenhausen Jewish elementary school (1882 until 1938) was established following the Bavarian School Reform of 1824. Originally, in the mid 19th century, the school was situated at Mariusstrasse 13, in a property where the ritual baths were also located and where the Cantor and (Schächter) lived. The space for the school proved inadequate and it was decided to build a new school together with the new synagogue in 1882.
It was used as a Jewish elementary school until 1938 although by this time there were hardly any Jewish children left in the town.